Pastor Brad Hoefs
3434 N. 204th Street
Elkhorn, Nebraska 68022
PROFILE: Demonstrated teaching, public speaking, and group dynamics experience in a challenging environment with the general public. Excellent history of motivating constitutes. Effective problem-solving abilities. Responsive to changing demands and priorities. Proven record of developing and maintaining relationships with clients. Outstanding presentation skills.
Additional skills include:
Motivator ■ Leadership ■ Team Building ■ Teaching
Effective at Communicating Ideas that are both Concrete and Abstract
■ Curriculum Design ■ Supervision
————— QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGES —————
- Created a vision for growth and change for the congregation. Developed a plan of action to accomplish goals. Streamlined and redesigned the organizational structure of the church. Coached the leaders who were able to communicate the newly developed organizational structure. Managed the daily operations of one of the fastest growing churches in the Missouri Synod. Supervised over fifty staff members.
- Increased membership from 750 to 3,000 parishioners over a seven-year period through hands-on leadership.
- Successfully designed a Constitution and By-Laws that were approved by over 90% of the congregation.
- Successfully created a corporate climate that enhanced decision-making and promoted growth.
- Recognized need for a new building due to growth. Explored opportunities of existing structures. Analyzed proposals for financial viability. Conceptualized innovative use of 260,00 square foot-manufacturing building into a church. Marketed concept of new structure to congregation. Raised capital though fundraising effort. Negotiated purchase of facility. Worked to gain a special use permit from the City of Omaha.
- Successfully purchased land and building for the new church at a price of three million dollars. Received city council approval for special use permit.
- Consulted on building layout and movement of all church activities to new building.
- Recognized the growing importance of Easter service to increase membership. Directed staff to find larger hall to accommodate needs. Created innovative advertising/media campaign to create interest. Addressed increasing yearly crowds with larger hall requirements.
- Moved Easter services several times to differing venues increasing the number of worshippers from 2,000 to 5,000 over a three-year period.
- Crusade speaker in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. Addressed crowd of over 500,000 people as part of the team. Lectured on issues of leadership development and creating and achieving a vision.
- Over 5,000 attended the class the next day. Pastored the group of on discipling issues.
- Keynote speaker to 4,000 leaders on the topic of how not to become discouraged, but to stay encouraged in spite of circumstances.
- Helped the medical team giving shots due to the shortage of nurses.
- Facilitated and empowered members to develop new programs to include a children’s, youth, men’s, prayer and social ministries. Assigned staff and guided program development.
- Over 12 new programs were developed involving 97% membership of the church. Moved membership from traditional view of helping to a more progressive style of involvement. Helped to feed and clothe the poor.
————— PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE —————
SENIOR PASTOR1995 TO PRESENT COMMUNITY OF GRACE LUTHERAN CHURCH ELKHORN, NE SENIOR PASTOR 1987 TO 1995 ASSOCIATE PASTOR 1985 TO 1987 KING OF KINGS LUTHERAN CHURCHOMAHA, NE ————— EDUCATION / TRAINING —————
MASTER OF DIVINITY DEGREE
Major in Theology
CONCORDIA SEMINARY / ST. LOUIS, MO
BACHELOR OF ARTS DEGREE
Major in Communication
CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY / SEWARD, NE
ASSOCIATES OF ARTS DEGREE
Major in Humanities
ST. JOHN’S JUNIOR COLLEGE / WINFIELD, KS
————— SPECIAL INTERESTS —————
(THREE SONGS NATIONALLY PUBLISHED AND DISTRIBUTED BY MARANATHA PUBLISHING HOUSE)
PUBLISHED SONGBOOKS, CD’S AND TAPES
REFERENCES AVAILABLE BY REQUEST